Detroit's Historic Boston-Edison Association
2011 Picnic in the Park
Sunday, September 25th
2:00-6:00pm in Voigt Park
Come enjoy a Sunday afternoon with your friends and neighbors! Rain or shine, this end of summer soiree will feature fun activities for youth and adults alike. Throughout the day we will have raffle drawings for great prizes, music, games and fun!
- 2:00 Picnic Begins: neighbors begin to gather; tent is up near West end of the park; music is on!
- 2:30 Third Bo-Ed Pooch Parade! Meet at Third and Longfellow with your pooch on a leash and walk with us around the park.
- 3:30 Grill is on! Please bring a dish for the Potluck.
- 4:00 BINGO for Adults, Fun and Games for Kids, New Neighbor Welcome Discussion
- 6:00 Picnic Ends.
New this Year
- Transportation for Seniors to/from the Picnic - arrange for free transportation so that you can enjoy the picnic by calling Linda at (313) 378-5789.
- Show your Street Spirit! A little friendly competition to see which street - Boston, Chicago, Longfellow or Edison - has the most participants 'Spirit' at the picnic. Winner will get to flaunt the Street Spirit Trophy!
- More games and fun for Kids of all ages!
Potluck - We are asking all picnic-goers to bring a dish to contribute to the potluck. The BoEd Association will provide the main course. If you are unable to make or buy something, a monetary donation of $5 is appreciated.
|If your last name begins with...||Please bring...|
|A - H||Chips/Dips, Veggies, or Appetizers|
|I - P||Salads or Picnic Sides|
|Q - Z||Cakes, Cookies or Desserts|
Third Annual Pooch Parade - Parade will begin promptly at 2:30. Dogs MUST be on a leash and walked by an adult. All participants will be entered into a raffle for Doggie Prizes! Awards given to: Best Dressed (bows, outfits), Most Creative Trick or Talent, and Best Treat Catcher. After this event, consider returning your dog back home. (Please be a responsible dog owner and be mindful of your dog’s tolerance with other dogs and people. We want this to be a safe and friendly event. The Boston-Edison Association cannot be held responsible for any injuries that may occur.)
For more information, send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call the hotline: 313-883-4360.