What do your dues do?
Association dues are only $40.00 per year. Help the Association help you!
Association Activities During the Fiscal Year 2005-2006.
- Hired a contractor to cut the grass on vacant lots.
- Did major alley cleanups, in cooperation with several block clubs.
- Maintained plantings around the attractive Boston-Edison signs throughout the neighborhood. Dues originally paid for the signs.
- Supported the annual Motor City Makeover in Boston-Edison.
- Put on the Centennial Celebration and Picnic to celebrate the centennial of the first houses in Boston-Edison.
- Published our quarterly newsletter with information about the events and people of Boston-Edison, and with information for homeowners.
- Held the annual Home Preservation Fair, where residents can meet qualified contractors who know historic homes.
- Held a Financial Options Fair with information about financing for home restoration, as well as advice regarding mortgages, foreclosures, taxes, refinancing, home equity loans, and so on.
- Held two General Meetings for residents, and helpful workshops on topical issues and problems. Also held the Annual Meeting.
- Paid for events that Boston-Edison parents have for our children.
- The Association has numerous overhead expenses, such as costs of mailings, post office box rental, storage unit rental, telephone, office supplies, copying, and occasional miscellaneous expenses.
This work, and more, depends on the money from your dues and donations. Please pay your dues and volunteer to help.