Information for Potential Buyers
Once you buy, here's a to-do checklist:
✔Security Patrol: Join Boston-Edison's security patrol. Here are the advantages to you.
✔Tax Credits: Apply for the Neighborhood Enterprise Zone Homestead Exemption.
✔Renovation: If you're planning on renovating, make sure you understand the Detroit Historic Commission Guidelines.
✔CONTACT US: HBEA mails a neighborhood newsletter to all residents. Let us know your name and address so we can send you one. Also ask for a password to the website Residents-Only section.
Are you considering purchasing a home in the historic Boston-Edison neighborhood? If you are, then we want you to have as much information as possible about the neighborhood. Boston-Edison is one of the most recognizable addresses in metro Detroit, and has been for over 100 years. Today, the Boston Edison Historic District is a diverse community of interesting people living and loving their beautiful historic homes in the convenient heart of Detroit. If you want to be part of a great community, then we'd love to welcome you as a neighbor!
If you're considering a move to Boston-Edison, then here's some information for you.
- Why move to Boston-Edison? We think Boston-Edison is a great place to live. Let us tell you why. And, if you're considering moving from a loft into a real neighborhood, Boston-Edison might be the perfect neighborhood for you.
- Restrictions in the neighborhood. Boston-Edison is a single-family neighborhood, and a designated historic district. Read about zoning restrictions as well as important tax information.
- Houses for sale in Boston-Edison. We list all the homes for sale in Boston-Edison on our website. There are homes in every price range; some in move-in condition and some that require some TLC.
- Visiting Boston-Edison. If you'd like to visit our neighborhood, we're located in the heart of Detroit, easily accessible from the major area freeways. If you come, you can take a self-guided tour of homes in the neighborhood while you're here.
- What makes Boston-Edison a neighborhood. Boston-Edison boasts one of the oldest neghborhood associations in Detroit, the Historic Boston-Edison Association. HBEA advocates for the neighborhood and sponsors multiple events throughout the year.
- More questions? If you've got more questions, we have a page of frequently asked questions. Better yet, CONTACT US. We'd love to hear from you.
Living in Boston-Edison on YouTube
Download Boston-Edison's brochure
For a quick overview of the neighborhood, download the ultra-hi-res trifold brochure below. To save the brochure, right-click the image and select "Save Target As"