Neighborhood-Wide Sale! Find antiques, architectural salvage items, art works, books, tools, collectibles, furniture, household articles, toys, Christmas treasures, and much, much, more... Come find us just north of Detroit’s New Center Area. Look for the balloons at all participating Attic Sale Homes. Map distribution location coming soon.
For more information, call the HBEA Hotline at (313) 883-4360 (Ext 2) or contact us via email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Now is the best opportunity to clean out your unused treasures of clothing, furniture, household items, collectibles etc... and turn them into cash. You can do it, and we can help. All Boston-Edison residents are invited to register and participate!
- Review the Attic Sale Tips below
- Download & complete the Attic Sale Registration Form.
- Return the form with your $15.00 registration fee.
For your home to be included on the 2013 Attic Sale Map, your registration must be received by August 7, 2013.
ATTIC SALE TIPS!
- Look through closets, basements, attics and garages. You may be surprised at what you can find to sell.
- Talk to your family. Do they have things to sell? Will they help you on the days of the sale: Maybe the kids can get involved!!!
- Price all of your items ahead of time. This will prevent you from getting caught off guard when someone asks about the price. It is also a great way to get people in the bargaining spirit. (NOTE: You are trying to get the most you can for things you no longer want. The buyer is trying to pay the least they can for something they want. BE OPEN TO BARGAINING!!!)
- When pricing articles, the standard practice is to price an article at about 20% of its original/purchase price. If you are not selling things, you may need to lower your prices.
- Have change on hand - $50.00 is sufficient. $2.00 in nickels; $3.00 in dimes; $10.00 in quarters; and $25 to $35.00 in dollar bills.
- Plan your lunch and breaks ahead of time. Will you eat while selling or is there someone who can help you for a few minutes?
MAKE IT LOOK INVITING
- Presentation can be the difference between someone stopping by your sale or simply "just driving by."
- Use tables (doors on sawhorses are a good alternative) for display items.
- Hang clothes on hangers.
- Put larger more expensive items in view of the street (so drivers by can see what you have and be enticed to stop).
- Lay a blanket on the ground to better display sale items.
- Have an extension cord available for buyers to try out electric appliances or electronics.