ATTENTION HISTORIC BOSTON-EDISON RESIDENTS
THE 2008 MOTOR CITY MAKEOVER IS HERE!
HOUSE BY HOUSE. BLOCK BY BLOCK. A COMMUNITY CLEAN-UP STRATEGY DESIGNED TO RETURN BEAUTY AND ELEGANCE TO "BO ED"!
- Remove litter and debris around your home from the middle of the street to the middle of the alley.
- Clean alley for overgrowth and weeds to assist Boston Edison private security firm in monitoring any activity in the rear of homes.
- Sweep curbs in front of your home and around the medians (if applicable).
- Discard trash bags and bulk items in dumpsters located in the following locations:
- 14th & Boston Boulevard
- 12th (Rosa Parks) & Longfellow Street
- Byron & Chicago Boulevard
- Edison & Second Avenue (near Voigt Park)
NOTE: Heavy fines will be levied to property owners who place trash bags, debrisor bulk items other than the designated dumpsters.
Need trash bags and work gloves? Pick up at 761 Edison and register for the common area cleanups to take place in the area.
ANNUAL NEIGHBORHOOD COMMON AREA CLEANUP
SATURDAY, MAY 17TH, 2008
8:30AM TO 2:00PM
May is Motor City Makeover Month. This year, more than ever, we need volunteers to help clean up and beautify the yards and alleys of unoccupied homes and the public areas. As has been our tradition in Boston-Edison, we will be meeting for a fun day of common area clean-ups (unoccupied homes, vacant lots, freeway service drives, etc) and then a barbecue lunch!
Bring a bunch of friends and, of course, kids are always welcome! Let us know how many to expect in advance by registering at www.peoplemovers.org or calling 313 865-1264.
Please register and pick up tools from the home of Keith Zendler at 671 Edison between 2nd and 3rd. Light refreshments to include a barbecue lunch will be served at 12:30 p.m.
For common area clean-up projects, please bring:
- Safety Glasses
- Pickup Trucks
We look forward to seeing you!