We are happy to announce the 2020 edition of our house concert series. The concert series is presented by the Historic Boston-Edison Association and Michelle May, Music Director of the Sounds of Music House Concerts™ organization. The address for the concert will be given following ticket purchase.
Concert #1: Julianne Ankley
Due to the high probability of rain on the original
concert date of Saturday, June 27, we are invoking
the rain date of
7:00 pm - 8:00 p.m
$20 Minimum Donation
In order to comply with the current health and safety guidelines, the following measures will be used for these concerts:
- This will be a one hour concert event.
- You will be allowed to enter the backyard beginning 45 minutes before start time.
- There will be VERY limited tickets available.
- Tickets are only available in advance; no ticket sales "at the door".
- NO food or drink will be provided, although you can bring your own, picnic-style. You must clean up and take your trash with you (don't forget trash bags).
- NO entering the homes (not even for the bathroom, so please plan accordingly--there will be no "Porta-Potties").
- Wearing masks is REQUIRED of all attendees and are to be removed only to eat and drink.
- Seats will be appropriately socially distanced; at least six feet apart all around. Families of the same household or groups that are together may sit together picnic-style on the ground or in seated groups closer than six feet.
- Concerts will have a rain date; there will be no "under-the-tent" seating.
**THE RAIN DATE FOR THE JUNE 27 CONCERT IS SUNDAY, JUNE 28 AT 7:00 PM**
Julianne Ankley's soulful country style hails from a small Michigan border town close to the shore of Lake Huron and within earshot of the musical influences of Detroit.
Julianne's 2020 Detroit Music Award-winning single release "Why" is out in digital formats everywhere and the video can be seen on Youtube, The Country Network Music Channel, and CMCTV.
With eleven Detroit Music Awards, including four 2020 DMA awards for Outstanding Country Artist/Group, Songwriter, Recording for "Why", and Vocalist, Julianne has been writing heartfelt songs and delivering electric performances, both solo and with her top-notch band The Rogues, for years. To date, she has released 2 albums, an EP and 4 singles with her freshman album “Vivid” garnering the 2012 DMA for Outstanding Country Recording. Her song “Lead Footin’ In the Left Lane” was used nationally by WXYZ (ABC) for the 2015 annual Woodward Dream Cruise televised special. From her debut EP, “No Place For a Lullabye” was used by HomeAid of America for years in their PSA campaign to raise funds for housing the homeless. Julianne performed her song “Christmas In Your Heart” for the live, nationally televised “America’s Thanksgiving Day Parade" on WDIV (NBC). She’s currently working on her third album.
As a songwriter, Julianne has written with Platinum and number one hit songwriters, Mike Dekle, Gary Hannan, Dave Gibson and Amanda Williams. She has performed at many songwriter shows alongside hit writers including Aaron Barker Sr., Chas Sandford, Gary Hannan, Dave Gibson, Heidi Newfield, Kristen Kelly, Byron Hill, Angie Kielhauer, Bernie Nelson, and Barbara Cloyd.
She's been the celebrity host and performer for the Hard Rock Cafe stages in Nashville during the CMA Fest for several years, and continues to perform at Nashville’s top songwriting venues such as the world-famous Bluebird Cafe, the Listening Room, Douglas Corner Cafe, Tootsie’s, and more.
"The best of Detroit Country Music shines through in this relevant and very poignant song from a present day soldier’s mother's point of view. 'He's Still My Boy' is a well-written piece of American pie that really hits home. Our heroes give of themselves every day and their families pay just as big of a price and that is what this song is all about. Julianne can sing and she can ever more write a good song. When I read about this on Twitter I downloaded it right away. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!!" - Joe Bonsall / Oak Ridge Boys
Thank you to our generous sponsors and major donors: